Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Lift with the Legs

From the start, hitting comic conventions with just one issue of “Unstoppable Tuff-Girl” just seemed to me a foolish notion. Tee-shirts with printed logos is one of things I chose to fill out my booth space. The potential down side is the bulk of storing, shipping or transporting multiple designs in multiple sizes.

I’ll introduce a kid’s size tee-shirt at MegaCon this year. For production purposes, I decided to ink it digitally as vector art. I took me a lot longer than I expected. I drew the pose four times, and spent a total of about two days on ink and color. It comes down to this, after it’s printed you can’t change anything about it, so you ask yourself, “will I be happy with this for the next five years?’ Curiously, I was happy with the first drawing of Wichita.

This is the full-color art. The tee-shirts will be red with black and white printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment