Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It’s Sweater Time


Cartoon Network’s 2011 holiday poster.
Designer: Petrika Janssen
Headline and copy: Clint Carruth
Illustrators: Bryan Mon and Dan Thompson
Painter: Tyson McAdoo

posted on Frederator, Jan 6, 2012: http://adventuretimeart.frederator.com/post/15403690531/its-sweater-time-cartoon-networks-2011-holiday#noteslist

I try to be vigilant about following my company’s many rules about social networking which is why so many of the samples of what I do for Cartoon Network is old and mostly of the sketchy conceptual art.

In this case, Fred Seibert, owner of Frederator Studios (maker of the fine animated comedy, “Adventure Time with Finn and Jake”), recently posted this (see above). Primarily a large billboard on the side of one of Tuner Networks’ buildings facing 10th street in Atlanta, it was also printed as a limited run poster.

I contributed layout, composition and a mass of candy people mostly obscured by Princess Bubblegum. Dan drew the main characters, and Tyson finished the whole thing as a digital painting.

I’ll give credit for the Courier & Ives inspired concept to Petrika (with a little incentive from our marketing group). Clint did the words, because all our billboards need words.

I made Clint smile with my headline suggestion, “Ooo Holy Night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment