Thursday, November 20, 2008
We made caricature shirts in honor of Ed's birthday back in September.
My involvement was this:
1) "Yeah, that's a funny idea;"
2) acquiring approval from Gary, V.P. over our group at Cartoon Network;
3) drawing rough caricatures of Ed;
4) enlisting Dan Thompson to do the final art from my roughs;
5) creating the layout for the shirt design;
6) planning a production schedule with Stephanie;
7) collecting orders and sizes;
8) collecting money;
9) giving money back;
10) distribution of shirts;
11) arriving at the surprise party.
Check out Dan's blog through the link. You won't be disappointed.
The lettering is my attempt to forge Ed's handwriting, I pored through his office papers when he was out of the office.
Ed was a good sport sport about the whole thing.