Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

What I Drew Sunday, August 30th - Top 3

 I drew a total of six pieces over the eight hours of last Sunday’s session of “What Shall I Draw Today?” Could it be that I’m slowing down in my old age?

Here are the top 3 liked pieces from Sunday:

#1 - The Weasley Twins with Chip and Dale: suggestion by @nikkistar5394
 


Suggestions involving mashups with Harry Potter characters come in fairly regularly. Here Ron Weasley’s elder brothers Fred and George are paired with the chipmunk duo Chip and Dale. 

Always looking for a story to underpin the visuals, I pose the question, “what would happen if the chipmunks got their hands on a magic wand?” Would either posses the talent for anything to happen? I’m sure that the Weasley twin doubt that they do- or do they?


#2 - Wichita to be hangin' out with Scoob and Dynomutt: suggestion by anonymous

Scoob! (2020) was an enjoyable entry in a five decades old franchise. The Hanna-Barbera super team of Blue Falcon, Dynomutt and Dee Dee are fun additions which could have pulled focus away from the series stars, but are merged well with the story trajectory.

So what if these two talk-dog stars met with Wichita, the canine co-star of my own comic book Unstoppable Tuff-Girl? (UTG) I guess the new pack would hang out and play.

For kicks, Silky the squirrel from a Wichita adventure in issue No. 3 of UTG is added.

1x hidden seahorse.


#3 - Elena of Avalor coronation: suggestion by @hasirhas.art

 

Last week, August 23, Elena of Avalor aired on Disney Junior, its series finale in which the title character Princess Elena, finally become s queen. In the one image that I found, Elena has a blue dress with white opera gloves. That’s all I know and saw, which severely limits what I could draw with any confidence. I decidedly  kept it to a portrait of the new queen and more of a ball room full of dignitaries.


Here are the rest of the 6 drawn on Sunday:

Peabody and Sherman running into Doc and Marty
Suggestion by @akoymdf



Goku and Luffy eating food
Suggestion by @theweeabootrachmaster136



Oracle
Suggestion by @comicgeek97




All of these and more original piece of art will be for sale at my next comic convention showing, some time in 2021.

The next and last for the year WSIDT session is scheduled for Sunday, September, 27th.

Thank you to everyone who pitched their fun drawing suggestions. Thank you for following my blog and/or Instagram (@Monstergram7) and/or the Monster Enterprises Facebook page. Thank you for liking.

All: Black ink and color pencil.

“Weasley Twins & Chi n’ Dale” and “Wichita, Dynomutt and Scooby-Doo” on Bristol Board. 12.70 cm x 17.78 cm (5.00 in. x 7.00 in.)
“Elena“  on Bristol Board. 6.35 cm x 8.89 cm  (2.50 in. x 3.50 in.)


No comments:

Post a Comment