Pages

Friday, September 25, 2020

Eyes 'n Ears

Continuing my Behind-The-Sketch coverage of the map the I designed and draw for the D23 2020 Gold Member gift- D23 Fantastic Worlds package. This time I have for you a complete accounting of the 23 Mickeys that I hid on the map.

These clipping were composed for Instagram, but I think that they work as helpful keys to each of the 23 “hidden Mickeys.” Each square is a detail shot, clearly, to my eyes, showing the Hidden Mickey with sufficient contextual surroundings and framed to indicate the map coordinates where each may be found.

For example, in this first square, within or mostly-within the box that is the map coordinates of B-16 you will find something designed to resemble Mickey Mouse. It could be his head in part or full, or a simple 3-cicle representation of his familiar head silhouette.






















This last hidden Mickey is either the most obvious or the most hidden Mickey of them all. For those of you who still want the thrill of finding it yourselves, but require a hint, then here’s the hint: turn the map up-side-down.


A funny thing happened while I was drawing this map and hiding Mickeys- I may have drawn some accidental Mickeys too. Have I been working for Disney too long? These two were spotted by my brother’s coworkers whom I assume spent part of their lunch break combing through the map.





And now here are all 23 intentional HM’s pulled together in a high-contrast chart (click on the image to maximize):


That’s not all of the things that I hid in this map, but, I’ll just have to reveal those at a later time. Or you can comment with your theories about what you think you have spotted (by map coordinates, please) and I will confirm if I can.


Happy mapping.

– Bryan Mon.


No comments:

Post a Comment