Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tuff-Girl on the Small Screen


“Unstoppable Tuff-Girl”
Desktop wall paper.
1920 x 1200 pixels.

Of course, I had to do something with the Photoshopped Tuff-Girl, and why not a wallpaper for my computer.

At first I was hesitant about covering up so much of the logo. But then I discovered the miraculous advantaged presented when the words have double letters - namely, you can still read it without relying on the logo itself being as well-recognized as say the “Superman” logo type.

I found the old Vegas Fremont Street image in a Google search, to which I then added specular lens flare effects.

The result has a bit of a movie poster aesthetic. If I had overlaid Matt Crouch’s logo with brush metal texture and had made it appear extruded, it would probably be firmly in that genre. Here with her face framed by long red hair, Janine Turner might be mistaken for the actresses of today, Evangeline Lilly (Lost) or Megan Fox (Transformers). However, I would probably cast a young unknown actress for the lead in a Tuff-Girl movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment