Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Supergirl


Supergirl
Light blue pencil on paper
13.97 x 21.59 cm (5.50 in. x 8.50 in.)
1998




Here are color explorations for a costume concept for the Maid of Might. All because I didn't feel like only posting the blue pencil sketch. Yes, I spent about an hour this morning digitally coloring this thing just for monotonae. The twelve year old sketch features a Thor-styled cape a la Jack Kirby which I don’t usually draw on DC characters.

The overall style is based on Bruce Timm’s of his “Batman: Animated” series. It’s a style which has an attractive graphic simplicity, and yet a style with which I struggle because I’m always wanting to either put in more detail or complicate things with more accurate anatomy.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that Blogger added a "stats" feature where I can see how many times the blog is viewed. Amazingly there were almost 90 views on Aug. 26. I guess someone was looking for Ben 10 stuff. Or maybe it was one of my cousins, with whom I reunited the previous weekend.

    ReplyDelete