Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Disneyland Turns 56

Carmine red pencil and black India Ink on paper.

Disneyland Park, the original in Anaheim, CA, just celebrated it’s 56th birthday two days ago on Sunday. It’s not one of the big decade ones, but they usually do something special on the birthdays, even if it is just specially decorated slices of cake for the guests as dessert options and ribbons for the Cast-Members (Disneyland speak for employees) that are imprinted with something along the lines of “It’s Our Birthday!”

When I was a Cast-Member, I used to make sure I worked on July 17, in a sort of reverse vacation request.

I rushed to do this special little piece of art on Sunday. It’s based upon the “Peter Pan” attraction poster the park once had but here featuring Tuff-Girl and Wichita. I colored it in a similar limited palette with which the original screen printed poster had been design. The color version was posted on Facebook, on the “I’m a fan of Bryan Mon” wall.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't set up “I'm a fan of Bryan Mon”, but since it's there I'll post the occasional exclusive picture. Unfortunately, I don't have a well planned marketing scheme for it, nor for any matter this blog “monotonae.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secondly, I was supposed to be working on issue #2 of “Unstoppable Tuff-Girl” for the last seven months, but all I have at the moments are two finished scripts and five penciled pages. I could explain the delay with the distraction of convention exhibitions and the preparation therein, but mostly it's lack of motivation. Still, why the heck am I breaking off and making little one-offs like this? At least it's something to post this week.

    ReplyDelete