Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Cat’s Super




“Clouds”
Digital color over clean scan of India ink on paper.
20.3 x 25.4 cm (8.0 inch x 10.0 inch)
2010.

Here’s a reworking of a an old sketch done in 2003 (montonae, April, 2009), ’cause I liked it - or most of it. I corrected the arms for perspective and foreshortening, basically moving Supergirl’s elbows closer to her shoulders. I also extended her torso a bit for clarity. Design wise, I changed the cape to attach to her more-clearly-drawn yet still rather ridiculous “S” shield blouse.

However, Streaky remains rather Disney-esque cartoony because, pretty much, that’s how I draw cats.

The different costume color schemes is fun and easy to do. Such is the power of digital art and the brilliance of layers.

The clouds are on the flat side - maybe a bit too much - because I only laid in four basic tones without painting in more or blending what I had put down.

And there should be some birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment