Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2015

What Shall I Draw Today? June 2015

Ariel, the Little Mermaid
When I take on commissions during a comic convention like last weekend’s Heroes Convention is Charlotte, NC, there are two things on which folks comment: 1) I stand up and draw throughout the con with a clipboard in hand; and 2) I’m fast. The third thing are my relatively reasonable commission prices, but I assure you those are only for conventions and if I’m successful, my rate will creep up to more competitive, professional levels.

The first has no bearing on my studio work, and truthfully I will sit down if I’m tired in the final couple of hours in a day.

The second combined with my newly up-joining to Instagram, I’ve chosen this random Sunday to ask this simple question, “What shall I draw today?”

The Invisible Woman
While I don’t expect it to blow up into an unmanageable monstrous undertaking, just in case I guess I’ll have to establish some rules.

1) I reserve the right NOT to draw anything suggested either for content or design without explanation.

2) I’ll field suggestions through comments made in this blog, monotonae, Facebook (either directly to me “Bryan L Mon” or to “I’m a Fan of Bryan Mon,” or through Instagram (if that’s how that works. I don’t know.) I’m monstergram7.

3) This little experiment will extend through 11:59 p.m. today, Sunday, June 27th, 2015.

Spider-Man
I’ll post what I do on Instagram as I go and then my top 3 favorites (a.k.a. liked) here on monotonae tomorrow, Monday.

Ready? Set. GO!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry. I didn't see this experiment until too late. Hope you had fun! Will try and participate next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's to be expected with a blog, it's a more passive content feeder than say Instagram. Oh, that's the "Insta" in Instagram! I'll figure out a schedule and more advanced notice for the next WhatShallIDrawToday session. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete