Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Good, Better, Beast


update from HNY+1:
Check out the finished color image @ tumblr.

I made this image especially to decorate my office nameplate. I felt it had to be Disney Princess related since I expect to be doing a lot of those kinds of drawings. Having the Beast at the drawing board then fell out naturally. At first the drawing only included Beast, Belle and the furniture property. In the few days leading up to hand inking it, I felt it lacked some thing(s). Lumiere and Cogsworth were then added to help fill out the storytelling. The result is the not so subtle analogous situation of the harried artist working under deadline with an expectant audience.

While I’m satisfied with the composition, I’ll admit that the character size comparisons aren’t quite accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment