Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

120 [m ] - Ben There, Done That


Character sketches.
Black Prisma color on copier paper.

2007.

Rough composition.
Digital comp. by Brian McGee.
2007.

"Ben 10 Secret of the Omnitrix" final DVD cover, with "Only at" sticker.
Digital illustration by Brian McGee, Design: Petrika Janssen.
2007.

"Ben 10 Secret of the Omnitrix" (a.k.a. "Ben 10 SOTO") is the movie that capped the popular "Ben 10" series. Naturally, it was released as a commercially available DVD like rest of the series.

I've drawn lots and lots of Ben 10 art now, continuing into "Ben 10 Alien Force," and I think I've just about exhausted compositions getting his left, Omnitrix-wearing arm high and near the face. Then there's the behind-the-scenes drama of whether or not certain expressions are heroically determined and which are just angry. Otherwise, I like my job.

"Ben 10," all related characters and the Omnitrix symbol TM adn © Cartoon Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment