Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2021

What I Drew Saturday, Oct 2 - Disney Parks

 Day No. 2


After a distracted first day on this project, I jumped in earnestly for a productive day of sketches. How many pages would I complete I wondered. After two sketches I realized two things: 1) this is going to take some time to fill up this book with 50 sketches; 2) I’m going to be drawing a lot thing that nobody has ask for, like Liberty Square.


#4, pp. 8-9 - Marvel Characters / (in) the Magic Kingdom: @motheroffreels / Jeff S.


(L-R) Teen Groot, Nebula, Captain Marvel, T’Challa and Kate Bishop. Staying away from the main six Avengers, I selected these characters to go on a first-time visit to the Magic Kingdom,and casting Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) as the returning, defect leader.

2x hidden Mickeys.


#5, pp. 10-11 - Han and Leia taking little Ben / just strolling the park!: Nicole P. / @harishas.art.


Second to Main Street, U.S.A., where in the Magic Kingdom is a nice place to stroll? I chose Liberty Square.

2x hidden mickeys.


#6, pp. 12-13 - Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps / on Tower of Terror: @ani8tor57 / @realmarkd



Having drawn characters sitting in a falling box before, here I chose to depict them waiting outside the elevator door. This is a big part of the attraction experience: waiting.

2x hidden Mickeys.


#7, pp. 14-15 - (L-R) Dizzy, Celia, Uma, C.J. Hook, Freddie, Mal and Evie / at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: @harishas.art / @alltookayleigh


Also known as the Villains Kids (VK), I choose to fill the space with seven figures (mostly heads, yes) with no details of the boutique’s interior.

2x hidden Mickeys.


#8, pp. 16-17 - Kenai and Koda / on the teacups: @anek.arts001 / @alltookayleigh



These two are from Brother Bear

To the left is Merida from Brave.

2x hidden Mickeys.


#9, pp. 18-19 - The Swamp Boys with Louis / on top of the Pirates ride sign / Pin trading : @swampboyes / @nikkistar5394 / Abigail R.


Finally, a mix-up suggestion with all three categories: characters, Disney Parks thing and embellishment.

I’m not sure if the ”Swamp Boys” were just the trio of alligators from the America Sings attraction formerly at Disneyland, or if it also included the raccoon and singing bullfrogs.

This fulfills my way of sneaking in a baby oyster (Alice in Wonderland) into a big Disney art project.

5x hidden Mickeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment